[fpc-devel] patch minigzip

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Fri Sep 8 11:14:28 CEST 2006

Op Fri, 8 Sep 2006, schreef Jonas Maebe:

> > > The problem is that it breaks code which depends on zutil and the
> > > types
> > > declared in it.
> >
> > Zutil is internal paszlib use only, it is not part of the published
> > interface.
>
> But it is nevertheless used by external code according the posts in this
> thread. It doesn't cost us anything to include it, except for a couple
> hundreds of bytes.

I think you misread something, as we were talking about minigzip and
example.pas. If there is any compatibility issue, I have no problem to
provide it, let that be clear. However, it would look strange to me since
the public interface, paszlib.pas, used longints instead of zutil types,
so in fact nobody should have zutil in his uses clause.

Daniël