[fpc-devel] Non-blocking sockets on Mac OS X

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Sep 7 18:52:20 CEST 2006

> Having some trouble porting some code from Delphi to FreePascal running
> on MAC OS X (power pc). On Delphi to set a socket non-blocking I would
> normally do:

Functions are prefixed by "fp", to avoid possible conflicts, and errorcodes
with "esys".  Constants and stuctures are not prefixed.

FIONBIO is defined in unit termio (these are not just for sockets under
*nix).

IOCTLs are per definition non standard, so don't expect them (all) to be
portable. Also Windows sometimes names functions differently, because it
bases its network layer on pre-Posix definitions (or a Posix draft)

P.s. Note that Indy10 clients work on OS X (powerpc)