[fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4

Daniel Hobson daniel at sunthunder.com
Mon Oct 23 01:59:57 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: fpc-devel-bounces at lists.freepascal.org
[mailto:fpc-devel-bounces at lists.freepascal.org] On Behalf Of peter green
Sent: Monday, 23 October 2006 9:28 AM
To: FPC developers' list
Subject: RE: [fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4

> Currently we have been developing on FPC for both Windows and Linux and we
>have noticed that socket communications are not working correctly under
Linux environments.
please define what you mean by not working correctly, preferally with a test
app

I apologise for been a bit vague in the original message.

It is not connecting to the windows server which is using TCP/IP.  The
Server address we use is 10.0.0.18 on Port 20000.  Now we have tried various
things with this including the following:-

1) Using Synapse 37 API (Messaged these fellows already)
2) INET 0.4.0
3) SocketClient

I remember when using FPC 2.0.2 I had to fix the htons() call as it was
using a 32bit value rather than a 16bit word value.  I have checked this
code again against 2.0.4 and it seems to be ok.

>From my analysis I believe there is a failure somewhere when it comes to
building the SIN IP address / resolving the address.  The port information
seems to come across correctly as a word value of 8270.

We have done pinging and trace routing to the windows machine where the
server application runs and packets are going through.  This indicates there
is NO firewall and shows that our network is working correctly.  Ethereal
0.99 shows no packets coming across to the windows machine when attempting
to connect.  The server application does not show any indication of
connection.

> I have also been advised that the netdb has issues on 2.0.4? is this
correct?
dunno i gave up on using netdb when a friend added IPV6 to the sockets
wrapper i use and needed workable IPV6 dns code.

I hope this is more helpful

Regards,

Daniel Hobson.
fpc-devel maillist  -  fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org