[fpc-devel] CmdLine

Yury Sidorov jura at cp-lab.com
Thu Oct 19 14:48:37 CEST 2006

From: "Daniƫl Mantione" <daniel.mantione at freepascal.org>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does the CmdLine variable in the System unit exist for Delphi/TP/...
> > compatibility ?
>
> Delphi compatibility.
>
> By the way, I have a patch ready which turns it into a property, which
> prevents some code being pulled in Hello World kind of apps.

I already implemented optimization of CmdLine for smartlinking for WinCE some time ago. It is controlled by HAS_CMDLINE define. And
CmdLine is declared as function in WinCE system unit.

CmdLine as property will be great, but I found that property getter/setter need to be declared before property declaration in the
interface part. This will garbage a global namespace with private getters/setters.

Is it possible to make compiler to accept getters/setters not declared in the interface part, but implemented in the implementation?

Yury Sidorov.