[fpc-devel] setup for testing changes between 2.0.2, 2.0.x and 2.1.1

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 18 18:17:25 CEST 2006

On 5/18/06, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> If you upgrade from svn, just do 'make install', then 2.0.x will be
> placed in /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.0.x and 2.1.x in /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.1.1
>
> Change your fpc.cfg to use $fpcversion instead of 2.x.x

This sounds like a easy way or doing it, thanks!
Can one change the installation path with the "make install" command?
I could never figure this out, so always did a "make zipinstall" and
then unpack it to my desired location. I prefer the /opt path as that
is where my Lazarus install lives.

Regards,
  Graeme.

--