[fpc-devel] Re: -k linker path limit?

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Sun May 14 21:57:17 CEST 2006

> > Passing --verbose option actually inflicts my problem! it doesn't
> > report back anything
> > verbose because the --verbose is a few extra characters over the
> > limit of whatever the
> > limit is I'm hitting.. hmmm...
>
> The compiler mainly uses shortstrings for passing parameters to
> external tools.
>
> Jonas

I looked into FPC sources, and since 44-50 character area was something I was hitting, I
think I will play around in /compiler/compsrc.pp

Here is some suspicious evidence I found:

  s:=target_res.rescmd;

  try
   if ExecuteProcess(resbin,s) <> 0 then
   begin
     Message(exec_e_error_while_linking);
     aktglobalswitches:=aktglobalswitches+[cs_link_extern];
   end;

And TResInfo is defined as follows:

     tresinfo = record
        id      : tres;