[fpc-devel] IBConnection isc_attach_database() remote server connection

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dchri at artesoft.gr
Thu May 11 20:16:06 CEST 2006

Joost Hi,
>> in TIBConnection there is a property Hostname. So, people expect to
>> put
>> there the Server Name or IP and the location of the DB in the
>> DatabaseName property. But in IBConnection unit in
>> isc_attach_database,
>> only the DatabaseName is used.
>>

> Can you submit a bug-report to www.freepasbal.org/bugs ?
I don't see any reason. :)

In Lazarus 0.9.14 Beta for Win32 in interbase unit  there is :

>   FSQLDatabaseHandle := nil;
>   if isc_attach_database(@FStatus, Length(DatabaseName),
> @DatabaseName[1], @FSQLDatabaseHandle,
>          Length(DPB), @DPB[1]) <> 0 then
>     CheckError('DoInternalConnect', FStatus);

but in fpc/fcl/db/sqldb/interbase HEAD ( checked out today ) in same
interbase unit there is :

>   FSQLDatabaseHandle := nil;
>   if HostName <> '' then ADatabaseName := HostName+':'+DatabaseName
>     else ADatabaseName := DatabaseName;
>   if isc_attach_database(@FStatus, Length(ADatabaseName),
> @ADatabaseName[1], @FSQLDatabaseHandle,
>          Length(DPB), @DPB[1]) <> 0 then
>     CheckError('DoInternalConnect', FStatus);
>   SetDBDialect;

so there is no issue for TCP/IP Remote connection, only  for  WNET (
NetBeui ) for windows.

Maybe a Win32 ifdef property named, let's say, Protocol with enumerated
values ( Embedded,  TCP/IP, NetBeui ) must be implemented for Win32 ?
I'm still looking at the code to be familiar with it ...

regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis