[fpc-devel] Unix sockets for Windows

Ales Katona almindor at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:03:04 CEST 2006

Alexander Todorov wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an application that uses TCP sockets nut it is going to be
> changed with UNIX sockets.
> Can you point me to some easy and clean approach how to emulate UNIX
> sockets for Windows.
> The only thing I can think of is using named pipes and encapsulate the
> functionality in some class. Any other alternative are welcome.
>
> Thanks.

You could use lNet. It's an asynchronic non-blocking, single-threaded
OOP net lib for FPC. You can find it at http://members.chello.sk/ales
(svn version is in fpcprojects branch on FPC svn).

If nothing else, you can see how I abstracted socket calls to get both
windows and unix working.

Ales

P.S: look in lnet.pas and lcommon.pas. The second one abstracts calls
like select and FD_SET stuff. The first one has some ifdefs on "recv"
and "send".