[fpc-devel] space char inside identifier's name

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 13:13:45 CET 2006

On 3/25/06, Bisma Jayadi <bisma at brawijaya.ac.id> wrote:
> Same respond when the first time I knew that file name is case-sensitive in
> un*x-like OSes (Linux, etc). It looks silly and ridicilous (especially for M$
> users), but most people still use it (the users like it even more). :P

I´m not sure about that. I´ve introduced a lot of people to Linux and
no one said: I love case-insensitive names!!! Yuuupiii!!! Now I can
have Makefile and makefile on the same dir!!!

It´s also a nightmare to find filenames. Some files have qt on the
middle of the name, others have Qt. There are tons of other examples.

Also, when I talk to experienced unix users they all say to me:
Please, put all your files and directories on lowercase and please
never use spaces. You are asking for trouble.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho