[fpc-devel] patch to make math.pp more D7 compatible

Burkhard Carstens fpc at bcsoft.de
Fri Jul 14 17:20:26 CEST 2006

Tha attached patch changes the statistic functions (sum, mean, stddev
etc.) to expect "array of double" instead of "array of float".
For most of the functions, I left the result values of type float as in
D7, they are also type extended. Only for minvalue and maxvalue, I
changed the result also to double, because it doesn't make sense to
have higher precision here and D7 does the same.

This changes might be problematic on platforms where double is not
supported (if any), but as there are other functions using double in
math.pp, I didn't care about this.

Regards
 Burkhard