[fpc-devel] Minimum installation requirements

VisionForce webmaster at visionforceweb.com
Thu Jan 19 21:29:28 CET 2006

Wow! No framework or service pack installation! This is great!

Sincerely,
Alex C. Barberi
Chief Executive Officer
VisionForce
http://www.visionforceweb.com

[try two]

On 1/19/06, VisionForce <webmaster at visionforceweb.com> wrote:
> If I wrote a program like Notepad in Delphi, what would be the minimum
> installation requirements to get the program up and running on a computer
> that just had Windows freshly installed?

Windows 95+ (Including all series).

That´s it. If the hardware can run Windows 95, then it can run your
software too. (I already tested this!)

Maybe RAM. About 4MB of RAM should be enougth.

I have already run successfully a graphics intensive and very
processor intensive software created with Lazarus on a 233Mhz computer
with 32MB RAM running Damn Small Linux and Fluxbox. It was an
osciloscope GUI, and it required all processing power to take measures
from the hardware in a very precise time (no, I did not use
Interruptions).

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
fpc-devel maillist  -  fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org