[fpc-devel] LGPL vs MPL

George Birbilis birbilis at kagi.com
Tue Dec 26 15:10:25 CET 2006

> > Btw, see
> > http://www.sun.com/software/opensource/java/faq.jsp#g4
> > some discussion on why one would choose for example GPL + Classpath
> > exception (an amendment text from the Classpath project) vs LGPL.
> > These two
> > seem equivalent, but the 1st means that one can include in
> some Linux
> > distros that require GPL
> which distros would those be? given that glibc is lgpl i
> can't imagine that resistance to it is exactly common in the
> distro environment ;)

I remember reading it (didn't mention which distros though I think) at an
interview of the so-called "father of Java" (who was fanatically against
Java getting opensourced before, but now tries to explain why they
opensourced it [I'm in favor of the opensourcing of it btw, since I'll be
able to port stuff of Java2 class libraries to .NET/J# when they finish the
opensourcing process])

----------------
George Birbilis (birbilis at kagi.com)
Computer & Informatics Engineer
Microsoft MVP J# for 2004-2006
Borland "Spirit of Delphi"
3D, QuickTime, QTVR, Java, Delphi,
ActiveX, .NET components, Robotics
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
http://birbilis.spaces.live.com

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0662-1, 24/12/2006
Tested on: 26/12/2006 4:10:25 ??