[fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4 is out!

Rob van der Linde robvdl at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 29 08:46:55 CEST 2006

Yeah I am aware you need a full Latex install, because I built Free
Pascal 2.0.2 about a month ago in Ubuntu Dapper (32-bit) myself, and put
the .deb files up on the Ubuntu forum for people to download. Even with
still fairly limited Linux knowledge I found it quite easy to build
however, even installing the Latex environment, although I had never
done this before was a breeze.

I would love to be a maintainer and build .deb files, however I do not
own a 64 bit CPU and can't afford one at the moment because it would
also mean a new motherboard and RAM too, so that crosses me out pretty
much. In fact, I really would love to see Free Pascal packages in the
Ubuntu universe repositories in the future.