[fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4 arm-linux testing

Alexander Todorov alexx.todorov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 16:38:08 CEST 2006

Here is the digest from the test:
The FPC being tested is ppcarm 2.0.4 rc2 from the ftp site. The test
suite is the 2.0.4 rc3 from svn.

Using qemu-arm emulator
`make TEST_FPC=/usr/local/lib/fpc/2.0.4/ppcarm TEST_OPT=-XParm-linux-
EMULATOR=qemu-arm clean all digest`
Total = 3065 (59:3006)
Total number of compilations = 1774 (44:1730)
Successfully compiled = 1375
Successfully failed = 355
Compilation failures = 42
Compilation that did not fail while they should = 2
Total number of runs = 1291 (15:1276)
Successful runs = 1276
Failed runs = 15
Number units compiled = 72
Number program that should not be run = 8
Number of skipped tests = 170
Number of skipped graph tests = 10
Number of skipped interactive tests = 15
Number of skipped known bug tests = 5
Number of skipped tests for other versions = 9
Number of skipped tests for other cpus = 110
Number of skipped tests for other targets = 21

With no emulator. Tested on i386 machine.
`make TEST_FPC=/usr/local/lib/fpc/2.0.4/ppcarm TEST_OPT=-XParm-linux-
clean all digest`
Total = 3069 (1337:1732)
Total number of compilations = 1776 (44:1732)
Successfully compiled = 1377
Successfully failed = 355
Compilation failures = 42
Compilation that did not fail while they should = 2
Total number of runs = 1293 (1293:0)
Successful runs = 0
Failed runs = 1293
Number units compiled = 72
Number program that should not be run = 8
Number of skipped tests = 168
Number of skipped graph tests = 10
Number of skipped interactive tests = 15
Number of skipped known bug tests = 5
Number of skipped tests for other versions = 9
Number of skipped tests for other cpus = 108
Number of skipped tests for other targets = 21

Please let me know what other log files do you need (e.g. longlog, ...).

I tested only the 'pi' program on real hardware. Is there a way to
automatically execute all compiled programs on real device? How to
know if they worked correctly?

I am going to play with my Zaurus PDA and see if it can take 'on
board' compilation.