[fpc-devel] LGPL vs BSD

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Aug 4 15:20:27 CEST 2006

On 4 aug 2006, at 14:41, Daniƫl Mantione wrote:

[change the license]
> You can do this. Of course, you need agreement within the FPC team,
> but
> there is no reason why we would need a GNU like copyright assignment
> procedure for that.

No, you need approval of all copyright holders. Everyone who has
submitted patches and did not explicitly assign the copyright to one
of the FPC team members, retains the copyright on the code in that
patch (to the extent that this code was copyrightable in the first
place, i.e. it was not simply a typo-correction or so -- where
exactly the boundary is can only be decided by a court on a case-by-
case basis).

Jonas