[fpc-devel] Unit linking to .obj files and fpcmake.

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Apr 11 10:56:15 CEST 2006

> > I'm trying to do this with the ZLib library (the
> > most recent version).  For Linux, I have verified that the ZLib library
> > works through dynamic loading.  On Win32, that may not be desirable
> > since there seems to be several versions of the ZLIB .DLL
>
> It is often better to use Paszlib and forget about DLL's and .so's.

I already suggested this, and JP's remarks are correct:

- It is very old and several functions he uses are missing.
- This is indy, the lib is possibly linked to the net, security is an issue.
  Over the years several indy bugs have been fixed, and nobody knows the
  status of these for paszlib (and how many paszlib introduces, but at least
  those are somewhat covered by the obscurity thing)