[fpc-devel] Cant link?

Michael Preslar mike at lordlegacy.com
Thu May 26 20:54:42 CEST 2005

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Thu, 26 May 2005, Michael Preslar wrote:
>

>>Marco and Jonas,
>>

>>ld --version:
>>GNU ld version 2.14.90.0.4 20030523
>>

>>>Add the "-s" option to your command line options when compiling, and
>>>afterwards run ./ppas.sh. Then you can see what error ld gives.
>>
>>Added -s to the command line, ran ppas.sh, and it linked. Strange, eh?
>

> Try running the compiler with -va, and examine the output. It should say
> where it looks for binaries, and why it didn't find 'ld'.

(

just to keep the thread current, my current command line is:

fpc -va -XS -XX -O3 -So -Fu~/manndoor/units -Fu~/manndoor/units/elecom
-Fu~/manndoor/units/unix lord.pas

)

Okay.. Running with -va.. The first time I run it, I get the following..

Searching file /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.0.0/ld... not found
Searching file /usr/bin/ld... found
Using util /usr/bin/ld
lord.pas(1841,1) Error: Can't call the linker, switching to external linking
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppc386 returned an error exitcode (normal if you
did not specifiy a source file to be compiled)

But the second time I run it

Searching file /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.0.0/ld... not found
Searching file /usr/bin/ld... found
Using util /usr/bin/ld
1969 Lines compiled, 9.7 sec

I can then recompile, over and over, without issue..