[fpc-devel] removed MaxAvail,MemAvail,HeapSize

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue May 24 12:23:48 CEST 2005

> This means that such code *must* be changed (conditionalized...) before
> it can be compiled for other platforms. Such a change can be enforced
> when the legacy API only is implemented for DOS compatible target
> platforms, inavailable on other platforms. But this doesn't mean that
> the API is completely removed, it should exist and behave as before, on
> the platforms to which it applies.

The idea that for "dos" it is the same is not true, since this is extender
dependant. Some extenders might return virtual size allocated by the host OS
(DPMI host, or include their own swap.

So this is not between dos and the rest, but between real and 32-bit
protected mode (and I leave in the middle what 16-bits protected mode does,
since that is irrelevant for FPC purposes)

And FPC dos programs _are_ protected mode, not real.