[fpc-devel] About TDataSet master/detail design in fpc

Alexandrov Alexandru alexandru.alexandrov at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:19:29 CEST 2005

On 5/6/05, Luiz Américo <pascalive at bol.com.br> wrote:
> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, 6 May 2005, Luiz Américo wrote:
> >
> >> I noticed that in the current cvs of fpc it's implemented the
> >> master/detail relation between TDataset(s).
> >> I saw that TDetailDataLink and TMasterDataLink was introduced but I
> >> couldn't figure how is supposed to work. I also noticed the abscense
> >> of NestedDatasets and DataSetField properties.
> >

> > They are not yet implemented.
>
>  So none of the current TDataset descendants works with Master/Detail
> schema ?
> If some works, can anybody send me a example?

MasterDetail works, and you don't need NestedDatasets or DataSetFields for that.

1. Put a Master dataset and a Datasource on a form, connect them and
fill the properties.
2. Put a Detail dataset and a Datasource and connect them.
3. In Detail dataset set 3 properties: Index, Master dataset, and
Master fields.
That's all

Alex