[fpc-devel] Maybe repeat: currency type broken in 2.0.1

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sat Jul 23 18:47:39 CEST 2005

I tried to send this last night, but my phones and DSL were extremely
flaky and I never saw it arrive on the list.

I've been using the currency type for a few months now.  On 2.0.0 it
seemed to work fine.  I have recently updated to 2.0.1 and you can't do:

var
    MyCurrency: Currency;
begin
    CurrencyFormat := 0; // optional? It's my default anyway.
    MyCurrency := 12.53;
    writeln(MyCurrency); // this works
    writeln(format('%n',[MyCurrency])); // this doesn't
end;

It throws a bad parameter in format error, but the currency variable
itself works fine as does the first writeln.

Should I add this to the bugtracker, or is it just me?

-Tony Maro