[fpc-devel] DB Bug in 2.0.1?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Thu Jul 21 19:57:53 CEST 2005

Joost van der Sluis wrote:

>>I've also noticed that the TDBGrid component in Lazarus no longer allows
>>reliable editing of the data.  Most of the time it just reverts the cell
>>back to it's previous value, but sometimes it will let the change save
>>(and I'm not sure why it's not consistent.)  I'm assuming this might be
>>related to the recent db subsystem changes?
>>

>Is that fpc-related or lazarus-related? (ie: does it work with fpc
>2.0.0?) Several people including myself reported this, but Jesus Reyes
>can't reproduce it. (If it's fpc-related, i'll have a look at it)

I'm not sure to be honest with you.  You can't compile the latest
Lazarus CVS with FPC 2.0.0, and the problem doesn't exist in my 2.0.0
FPC + older Lazarus.  It was introduced on my PC when I upgraded my FPC
to 2.0.1 so I could update my Lazarus... - meaning I updated both then
found the problem, so I don't know which causes it.

I was assuming that if the TDataSet components were changed recently
that it might be the cause...

I'll see if I can't make an already-compiled demonstration app and send
it to Jesus Reyes so he can see it happen.

Thanks,
Tony