[fpc-devel] ImageMagick bindings translations

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 11:32:58 CET 2005

On 12/15/05, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> We were already planing a fpc/packages/contrib dir, maybe that's the
> right place.

ok, but should it be put inside the fpc subversion? I mean, if people
do lot´s and lot´s of bindings the fpc subversion might soon get very
big. Perhaps it´s better if extra bindings are sent to something like
the Lazarus CCR and who wants to use the bindings can download them.
Most people might not need ImageMagick and the complete bindings must
have something like 10.000 lines of code.

This might also be good because I am planning a release with the
binding at a stage where I can run the ImageMagick demo program. In
this case the binding will still be very incomplete. And, at least in
my point of view, a place like the CCR has the advantage that changes
are immediatly available as opposed to changes only being available on
the next release for people who don´t use the subversion FPC. This can
dramatically increase the development speed of bindings.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho