[fpc-devel] TList or TFPList - a Linked list ?

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Thu Dec 15 09:26:23 CET 2005

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Plus some bytes for the memory manager for each mem block. Typically 8.

FYI, for small blocks (<512 bytes) it's only 4. And now I look at
heap.inc again, I think that even alignment for small blocks could be
upgraded to 4 byte granularity instead of 16 bytes. This would have a
positive impact on memory usage (less slack), while retaining equal speed.

Anyone interested in smaller granularity there ? It would increase the
number of freelists by a factor 4, but that's globally, once-allocated
memory.

Micha