[fpc-devel] cross-compiling (linux program from Win32 platform)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 2 10:40:23 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, [koi8-r] ????????? ?????? wrote:

> I have FPC source code, Win32 binary release, and linux binary release.
> How can I build linux program from win32 platform?

You need a cross-linker and cross-assembler binaries.
- Then you must compile the linux RTL on windows:
   cd rtl; make TARGET_OS=linux OPT=-FDc:\path\to\crossutils
- when compiling your source code, specify the target -Tlinux
   and add again -FDc:\path\to\crossutils
- If you need to link to external libraries, you'll need copies of those
   libraries on your Windows machine.

I think there is somewhere a cross-compile FAQ, but I don't have an URL.

Michael.