[fpc-devel] ARM/Linux development

Robert Reimiller certgrps at certsoft.com
Mon Aug 1 22:53:52 CEST 2005

I am researching a new platform for our data logger. The current data logger
is a PC104 board with a ZF86 (obsolete) chip running DR-DOS, our own
multi-tasking kernel, with code compiled using BP7.

Since low power is important for this application we are interested in ARM
based products. We are currently looking at this development system:
http://www.arcom.com/devkit-linux-vulcan.htm

which is a IXP425 XScale based board running "Embedded Linux", apparently
obtained from http://www.linuxdevices.com/

Anyone know if FPC is compatable with the IXP425?

As I understand it the ARM version of FPC is not self hosting, it must run
on a 386 based Linux system and run as a cross compiler, correct? If so,
what is the recommended version of 386 Linux, at least this week?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Robert Reimiller
Certified Software Corp.