[fpc-devel] Patch for bug 2453

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Sun Apr 3 23:12:12 CEST 2005

Date sent:      	Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:13:36 -0500 (EST)
From:           	Sterling Bates <iwannabefp at yahoo.ca>
To:             	fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org
Subject:        	[fpc-devel] Patch for bug 2453
Send reply to:  	FPC developers' list <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>
	<mailto:fpc-devel-request at lists.freepascal.org?subject=subscribe>

> First, BP ignores non-numeric characters when a ReadLn is called with
> an integer parameter.  To fix this, I changed ReadNumeric's end
> condition to explicitly terminate on all non-numerics.

This isn't really correct - only characters < ' ' should be treated
as delimiters (as already mentioned in the bug report).

> Second, BP will not read a Text file past an EOF character at all,
> regardless of its location in the file.  The fix for this is inelegant
> (inline buffer check), but I can move this out to an external proc if
> it's onerous to maintain.

I slightly modified your patch (we decided to change the conditional
define to a variable, because this allows users to override the
default if needed), extended it for handling of #26 in some other
routines and applied it, thanks!

Tomas