[fpc-devel]Access violation with IndexName property of TDbf

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Aug 3 10:01:07 CEST 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Tony Maro wrote:

> Tony Maro wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if this is a TDbf issue, or an FPC db issue, so I'm
> > posting both places.  I'm using CVS of FPC from about 1 hour ago.
> >
> > Basically, whatever I do, if I try to set the "IndexName" or
> > "IndexFieldNames" property of the TDbf I get an access violation.
>

> Found it...
>
> This only occurs if there are no records yet.  Here's why:
>
> On or about    dataset.inc: 1582
>     If (GetRecord(Fbuffers[FRecordCount-1],gmcurrent,True)<>grOk) and
>
> Think of what happens if there's no records.  It passes:
>
> GetRecord(FBuffers[-1],...
>
> Access Violation.
>
> Don't ask me the proper way to fix it though.

Seems like a lot of people are doing double work here :-)

I already had a fix for this from Micha Nelissen, but it hasn't been
committed yet. Tonight I plan to commit all remaining patches.

But I'm afraid this is not yet the end of it. The TDataset buffering
mechanism needs some serious work done... If I'm correct, Joost Van Der
Sluis (?) also wanted to do some work on it.

Michael.