[fpc-devel]OS/2 snapshots

Karoly Balogh (sent-from-warpcore) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Thu Oct 2 01:55:30 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm just sitting here at the machine which compiles the OS/2
snapshots. I hope someone who can answer my question is still
awake. :)

FPC/2 fails to cycle currently, because some new errors just
appeared in pmstddlg.pas file in the RTL. It seems to be,
that the new compiler is more strict on the variable/type
names, and doesn't allow to a variable and a type to co-exist
under the same identifier.

The error messages appear:
D:/develop/main/fpc/compiler/ppc1.exe -Ur -Xs -OG2p3 -n -Fi../inc
-Fi../i386 -Fi../os2 -FE. -Ch8000000 -di386 -dRELEASE ../os2/pmstddlg.pas
pmstddlg.pas(653,40) Error: Error in type definition
pmstddlg.pas(852,32) Error: Error in type definition
pmstddlg.pas(893,34) Error: Error in type definition
pmstddlg.pas(902,22) Error: Error in type definition
pmstddlg.pas(903,20) Error: Error in type definition
pmstddlg.pas(912,34) Error: Error in type definition
pmstddlg.pas(1057,22) Error: Error in type definition
pmstddlg.pas(1069,32) Error: Error in type definition
pmstddlg.pas(1208,3) Fatal: There were 8 errors compiling module, stopping

All the errors come from the same problem, described above.
Like this:
        CNRDragInfo = record
           pDragInfo : PDragInfo; { <- line 852 }
           pRecord : PRecordCore;
        end;

The PDragInfo type is declared somewhere above. My question is
that this change will be constant in the compiler, or this is
a "bug" or a side effect of a recent change? So should i fix
these problems to compile correctly with the current compiler,
or leave it untouched for now?

Bye,
Charlie/iNQ