[fpc-devel]bugs to close

Mon Nov 24 23:01:39 CET 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Johannes Berg wrote:

> How are bug reports against 1.0.x handled? I went through some bugs just
> for the fun of it and found a lot to close -- however I only tested with
> the current CVS.
>
> 1954 - new TThread makes FHandle <> PID at all times

Set to fixed.

> 1694 - can probably be closed - I don't see how he could get gibberish
>        output but a runtime error I can see, sock2text was broken

Set to fixed.

> 2126 - another TThread thing

Set to fixed.

> 2683 - select is in winsock

Set to fixed.

> 2699 - attached is a patch to fix this

Applied, set to fixed.

> 2726 - works for me with current CVS
>        (rtl a bit older because CVS doesn't compile)

Checked, set to fixed.

> 2741 - works for me, "certain telnet clients" seems a bit odd anyway

The problem is that some (stupid) telnet clients don't set the terminal size
correctly - this results in no values for the TIOCGWINSZ call, and so the
screensize is bogus. The suggested fix is to set some sensible default
values, which I did.

> 2759 - attached is a patch of i386 only. However, wouldn't it be more
>        appropriate to handle FPU exceptions than checking all
>        pre-conditions?

If someone knows how to handle these exceptions correctly, yes.
Applied the fix, and set to fixed.

Thanks for the patches !

Michael.