[fpc-devel]Bug in AssignPipe() on Linux

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 10:38:04 CET 2003

Hello, Peter - thanks for your response.

> Did you only test the 1.9.0 compiler or also distributed the 1.9.0 RTL ?

I tested with each compiler version with its own RTL.

> Please check for a leftover syscallo.inc in fpc/rtl/linux/. It should only
> be available in in fpc/rtl/linux/i386/ with rev. 1.2

I did a fresh CVS checkout friday morning and the file is still in CVS -
what do you mean "leftover" ?

I tried deleting the file, but the build failed on "oldlinux.pp"
So I also deleted "oldlinux.pp" and did a fresh install.
But AssignPipe() still does not work.

> That has been fixed a week ago.

Did you try the example I posted?

If you can't reproduce the problem, then I will assume
there is still something wrong with my installation.

Otherwise, I will regard this as an unfixed bug.

> For your information, bug 2761 has the same cause.
Thanks, Vincent - I see that bug #2761 is still open!

 - Jeff