[fpc-devel]Re: Linux/PPC port of FPC working + others

Balogh, Karoly (Charlie/iNQ) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Tue Jun 3 16:45:36 CEST 2003

Hi,

On 03.05.25., Jonas Maebe wrote:

> I'm very happy I can announce that for the first time, yesterday a
> "make cycle" worked under Linux/PPC! This means that compiler was able
> to compile the RTL and itself, then recompile the RTL and itself using
> the compiler created in the previous step and then repeat this process
> once more (and the two last compiler binaries are equal). This means
> that the code generator can be considered fairly stable (since the
> compiler is 120000+ lines of code and the RTL is also quite big (I
> don't know how big though).

Hey, great news! And where to download it? :) Any unofficial snapshot
or stg? ;) Since i just got a PMac8500/AV for free with some 604e/200
inside, and Debian 3.0r1 on it, so i wanted to try FPC/PPC out, but i
was not able to find it on ftp.freepascal.org. Okay, i can CVS it down,
and cross-compile with a Linux/x86 box, but i'm so lazy... So can i
have a compiled executable/rtl at least for my further experiments? :)

Anyway, i did some bug-hunting-and-fixing in the 68k codegenerator,
a few weeks ago, i just had no time (my job & such lame excuses blah)
in the last weeks to finalize my changes, but i can send some patches
probably this week. Anyway, Nils or someone can please look at the
Keypressed function of the CRT unit in the Amiga port? It seems it's
somewhat broken and Wait() forever... At least on my system. I also
attempted to fix this, but i'd no success, since i haven't enough
knowledge about the console.device stuff of the OS...

Also, the OS/2 snapshot compilation is somewhat broken now i think,
i'm going to fix it sometime this week.

Bye,
--
Charlie/iNQ
[ Commodore Amiga 2000 68060/50 128MB 20GB SCSI PicassoIV ]