[fpc-devel]1.1 default parameters

Yakov Sudeikin yashka at exebook.com
Fri Jul 4 23:08:23 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I have seen 1.1 understanding default parameters for a very long time, now the compiler ignores them and demands for explicit value to be passed in any case.

procedure test(a: integer = 0);

test(1);
test();  //compiler will fail

Am I missing something? Could that be that I need a command line switch to turn them on? OR I suggest propery they are just not implemented at the time? I understand this is because the parameter handling is in major development? Any projection on how soon it can be back and working? Any help needed?

Thanks,
Yakov