[fpc-devel]generally ask

Darek Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Sat Dec 6 16:24:53 CET 2003

> The others can be automatically compiled if you add the correct search
> paths to the compiler. Something like
>
> -Fu/pp/source/rtl/win32;/pp/source/rtl/objpas;/pp/source/rtl/inc
> -Fi/pp/source/rtl/win32;/pp/source/rtl/win32/wininc;/pp/source/rtl/inc;
> /pp/source/rtl/objpas;/pp/source/rtl/inc/graph;/pp/source/rtl/i386

I know and do this

> I may have forgotten some directories, but those should be the most
> important. You may be able to do something similar for the FCL, except
> if certain units require special command line options (for example, if
> a unit is written in objfpc mode, but it does not contain {$mode
> objfpc}, then -S2 has to be specified on the command line).

but with BASE.INC (I think not only but e few) must be plain mode (-S2
disabled)
and some others -S2 enabled

> Keep in mind that this can cause very hard to find problems though: for
> example, if your ppc386.cfg configuration file contains -S2, then the
> RTL units will be compiled in objfpc mode, while they were written for
> normal FPC mode and as such they may not work with -S2 (because e.g.
> string = ansistring instead of shortstring int hat mode)

This is very easy do switch string=ansi or string=short, only H+ H- switch
on top of unit, but when this is absent I must several times change my
FPC.CFG

> Jonas

I know this is possible, but not very easy, and I thint when move developers
will work with FPC then will be more ask

Darek