[fpc-devel]Re: some m68k releated stuff

Carl Eric Codere carl.codere at optimasc.com
Mon Apr 7 13:59:36 CEST 2003

>Whooops, i had wrong version of fpc on path. It was the one from the
>snapshot [2003/01/18] but, Carl already fixed this at 2003/01/27... :)
>
>Now it's working. I'm able to build a compiler just using
>make compiler OS_TARGET=amiga.
>But i can't cylce a compiler since it stops when make wants to spawn
>a new make process, and looks for /bin/sh, which is not available...
>So Carl was right, there's a need to port a better make for AmigaOS.
>Fortunately i found a source pack of GNU Make 3.80 on my HDD, so
>i began to actualize an old (from 1996) 100% native port for Amiga.
>After a few hours i was able to compile GNU Make with SAS/C, and it's
>working with a lot of makefiles. The only problem is that enabling
>native Amiga path support disabled the support for Unix-style relative
>paths like '../m68k/inc' and such the FPC makefiles use.
>
>So the next step is probably to patch make to convert Unix paths to
>Amiga paths internally, but i had no time to do the patch at weekend.

Greetings,
        Wow!!! Please, if you can make it work, I'd be so happy!! I
played around with amiga scripts for about 7 hours this weekend to
be able to generate a release, but i still need to do some manual
'hacking' to create a release!!

You have much courage in tackling the make C source code!!
I wish you good luck!