[fpc-devel]First m68k linux 1.0.7 snapshot.

Pierre Muller pierre at freepascal.org
Thu Oct 17 16:16:12 CEST 2002

We are currently trying to get the m68k port of the 1.0.7
branch to a stable state.

Yesterday, I succeeded for the first time to complete
a snapshot generation.

This snapshot is available for download at
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/snapshot/v10/m68k-linux

Please beware that this is really a first snapshot,
so that the m68k port is not yet as stable as
the i386 one.
(The internal tests show about 75 errors
for the m68k linux compiler,
while the i386 has less than 50).

There are still some errors in the IDE
(probably related to code that is endian specific)
which results in some m68k specifc bugs:
I particular, the dialog check boxes
seem to fail, so don't  be surprised if
case sensitive search does not work.

I would like to get some feedback from people that try this out.
This would help us greatly to speed up the
progresses for m68k compiler.