[fpc-devel]Problem with mailinglist (forged mail)

Konstantin Muenning koko at muenning.com
Thu May 2 10:53:47 CEST 2002

Hello!

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Jonas Maebe wrote:

>You ask, we serve ;)

;-]

>next victim. When the "To" address becomes one of the fpc-mailing lists,
>the mailing list software always blocks the message (as it dods with all
>messages > 25kb) and waits for the moderator to decide whether or not the
>message should be sent to the list).

Do you mean the "To" or the "From" address? If you mean the "To" address
then all mails to the lists are blocked and are waiting to be reviewed?!?.

>At the same time, it also sends a message to the "From" address to inform
>the poster (or what it thinks is the poster) that his message is being
>held for approval by the moderator. Since the from address is faked
>however, this indeed results in mails being sent to people who have
>nothing to do with that virus mail.

Yes but the behaviour here would indicate that the "From" address was also
the mailing list. Or do I get something wrong?

>However, if you think these false warnings are too annoying, I can turn it
>off without any problems.

It's not annoying for me, I think you should keep it on. I was just
curious if this is a virus and I still have no ansver :-(. You probably
have reviewed the mail. What was it?

Have a nice day,
Konstantin Münning              ,,,
www.muenning.com              ( o o )                  koko at muenning.com
            Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.
                                    -- Leonard Brandwein
                               (-O-)
The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.
The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has
ever been.                          -- Alan Ashley-Pitt