[fpc-devel]feature requests: circular unit ref, usage before define, Delphi constructs, block local identifiers

Pavel V. Ozerski pavel at insect.mail.iephb.ru
Mon Mar 25 18:10:04 CET 2002

Hello all,

I'm sure all these suggestions have good intentions but are based on
an very bad circumstance: the language Object Pascal wich is
developing by Borland, SpeedSoft, FPC team, VP team etc has no
official registered standard! At result whe have a lot of syntax (not
only in libraries) incompatibilities even between different
versions of product developed by the same team! I'm sure, Object
Pascal is an independent language which differs from classic Wirth's
Pascal and needs to be standartized!

:) in spite of this, I cannot restrain myself and would also suggest
some syntax improvements but they at least seem to be not conflicting
with Pascal ideology: To make possible access to overriden types, variables
etc in nested functions/procedures and in "with" blocks:

procedure proc1;
 var
  i:integer;
 procedure proc2;
  var
   i:integer;
  begin
   for i:=proc1.i to 10 do
program MyProg;
var
 R:record
  x:integer;
 end;
 x:integer;
begin
 with R do
  x:=MyProg.x;

Also I would remember one my non syntax-related suggestion:
to use WDOSX instead GO32;

--
Best regards,
 Pavel                            mailto:pavel at insect.mail.iephb.ru