[fpc-devel]IOI 2002 coming up; timing of 1.0.6 release?

Tom Verhoeff wstomv at win.tue.nl
Tue Feb 26 16:32:03 CET 2002

The International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) 2002 will be held this year
in Korea from August 18 to 25.  In May, there will be a review
meeting of all competition material (including tasks and tools).

Last year (in Finland) we used FreePascal 1.0.4 and gcc 2.95.2.  There
were some 250 participants in the competition, and a much larger number
of competitors use the compilers in national and regional olympiads,
that are organized to select delegations for IOI 2002.

If at all feasible, I would be in favor of having at least a new
release in the bug-fix branch (i.e. 1.0.6) of FreePascal well before
IOI2002.  There are quite a number of important fixes to benefit from.

As you can imagine, the IOI organization prefers to use an official
release, rather than some arbitrary 1.0.5 snapshot (even though that
may be better than 1.0.4).

Do the developers have any idea when a 1.0.6 release might be available?
Is there any way in which this can be influenced?

Best regards,

	Tom Verhoeff
	Chair of the IOI Scientific Committee