[fpc-devel]MakeObjectInstance

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Thu Apr 25 23:25:45 CEST 2002

The Delphi VCL had a (has a) fancy function MakeObjectInstance which gives a
flat function address that maps nicely to an object method.

Very fancy, just the kind of thing SWIG needs right now so that object
wrappers around scripting functions can accept callbacks from routines that
don't provide cookies.

Anyway; fpc comes into it because if MakeObjectInstance or the like works
cross all the FPC platforms then we have a nifty cross-platform callback
wrapper type system thing.

So if there is one I was hoping you wouldn't mind donating that bit to swig
(www.swig.org)

Sam