[fpc-devel]hispascal and 1.0.6 release

beatlesnap at go.to beatlesnap at go.to
Wed Apr 10 18:49:40 CEST 2002

Hi, before I was adrian15 at europe.com if you remember me.
I am Hispascal developer. Hispascal is a project to translate FreePascal to
Hispascal (A sort of Pascal with Spanish keywords).

First of all I want to invite any spanish member of this list to collaborate in
Hispascal, Hispascal webpage where you will find instruction on how to register
in hispascal development mailing list. Hispascal webpage is
http://hispascal.sourceforge.net
(It's in Spanish because it's intented for Spanish users.)

Some doubts that I have:

I began to work with Hispascal from the FreePascal 1.0.4 dos104full.zip file.
So I have some doubts:

I've seen something about 1.0.6 release.

1)-Can you tell me if it's near the 1.0.6 release? We can wait 2 weeks at
maximum, before beginning.

2)-The I.D.E. will be stable in this 1.0.6 version?

My worryings about freepascal are in what tokens it refers to.
pp\source\compiler\tokens.pas file and
pp\source\compiler\scanner.pas (It checks the length of the tokens, and if it's
lower than 2, it is not a token, but hispascal has tokens of size 1).
Other files are:
pp\source\compiler\ra386att.pas
pp\source\compiler\psystem.pas
pp\source\compiler\symtable.pas

3)- Will there be too much changes in tokens /in these files in 1.0.6 version?

I am also interested in making a program that given a pascal file converts it
to hispascal, so what does have to do,... it has to change only "reserverd
words", where reserved words means tokens. So... do you think i could use some
functions of the IDE to make it? You know the same functions or procedures that
make possible to see resalted in yellow (i don't remember the color) tokens,
and see in white: normal text.

It it's true...
4)-Can you tell me which are the files I have to look into and if you told me
the procedures better.

Thank you for all, and sorry about the long message but there's been a year off
off this list and I'm a bit outdated.

adrian15.