[fpc-devel]fvision / IDE

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Mar 14 09:22:18 CET 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Alejandro [iso-8859-1] Néstor Vargas wrote:

> El Mar 13 Mar 2001 11:37, escribiste:
> > Afraid this will not work! The IDE does not use fvision at present, but
> > uses code based on Borland's fv. For copyright reasons the fv source is not
> > distributed with fpc. We are intending to use fvision in future (weeks,
> > months?) for v1.1 onwards & are awaiting the latest version from Leon de
> > Boer, but for v1.0.4 and future fixes for v1.0 we will continue to use fv.
> > HTH
>
> Then... what do I need for compiling the IDE under linux? I've got the CVS
> tree and there is an ide directory here, I suposed it is the current source
> ut it uses a "drivers" unit that is not in the tree. Do I need to download fv
> from Borland site? I was checking the Borland ftp site... where can I find fv?

You cannot. At the moment, the IDE can only be compiled if you have the original
Borland Turbo Vision sources; If you do, then one of the developers can send you
patches so it will compile with Free Pascal. If you don't, we cannot send you
anything because of copyright issues.

Currently, we (well, Pierre Muller) are working to get the copy of Free Vision
that we have  (fvision in the CVS tree) to a point where it can be used to compile
the IDE. You're of course welcome to help with that.

Michael.