[fpc-devel]basego32.zip vs o_basego32.zip

Lee, John LeeJ at logica.com
Fri Mar 9 17:51:12 CET 2001

As I _think_ the readmes on the fpc main site & mirrors say, in the
fpc/snapshot/go32 directory, o_basego32.zip & o_idego32.zip are _same_
functionality & based on the same source code as basego32.zip & idego32.zip
except they are compiled with full optimisation with the latest compiler
which was itself compiled with full optimisation. These are generated so
users and developers can test that maximal optimisation works with an
application (the compiler and ide) which is as complex as possible - we have
discovered quite a few faults this way & fixed them!

So please try o_*.zip & let developers know if it crashes or behaves
differently from *.zip.

v10 stuff is in /v10 subdirectory...

Sorry if this wasn't clear ... hope it is now...

HTH John