[fpc-devel]RHIDE+FPC

Gintautas gmlists at centras.lt
Tue Jun 26 18:15:12 CEST 2001

Hello,

JM> Sorry, but just "I can't get them to work" is insufficient information
JM> to help you.

Ouch I'm verrry sorry to have disturbed you ;-((
<me hits himself> Stupid me.
RHIDE has been giving me a lot of crashes, that was what I wanted to
complain about, but as soon as I switched from Win2000 to Win98 all
the problems went away. Well, thanks for your attention ;-)

Still, I'd like to ask: maybe I'm using an old version of FPC, but
the included IDE is awfully buggy. Are there any updates? A part of
screendump:

   FreePascal IDE for Dos
  Version 0.9.1 2000/12/31
  (Compiler Version 1.0.4)
 (Debugger GDB 4.18.pas.b1)

BTW is it OK to get rid of the DJDIR warning by simply doing something
like "set DJDIR=."?

Also, I'd really like to do my programming under Linux. However, I
wasn't able to compile RHIDE under Linux; it bombed out with an error
something like "illegal operator '[]' blahblah" and I've no idea how
to fix this. Is this problem known? FYI I use GCC v2.95.3. I'll try
the Linux version of FPC IDE (actually I learnt that it was available
just a few days ago, when I received the info about the new snapshot
from your list).

Thanks for reading this letter,
--
 Gintautas

 Sado-masochism means not having to say you're sorry.