[fpc-devel]Fold functionality in dos Ide

startx startx at geocities.com
Mon Oct 30 15:12:17 CET 2000

Sting wrote:
> Actually, we're planning to (optionally) generate the folds structure
> directly from the parser tree. However, this requires major modifications in
How does it mean this? I'm not sure to understand, but if you are saying
something like correlate folding with pascal syntax, I'm not sure this
is a good idea...

> >Moreover, it would be very interesting to SAVE the file mantaining the
> >current folds. May be using a special sequence in comments, for example
> I don't think that storing fold information in the source code itself would
> be a good idea. Storing fold information is obviously a trivial improvement,
> but I think we should store it either in a separate file (for ex. in
> test.fld for test.pas) or in a "common storage area" (like the desktop
But this arises the problem of consistency between separate files. The
other files (*.fld) will probably contain line numbers from the source,
and what would happen if the source file is changed by other means?

> >Another last thing (honest): how about let the user define keystrokes? I
> >mean, I hate to type Ctrl-Q-F to search for text (I prefer Ctrl-F). This
> >is not difficult to do like the points before.
> This is a good idea, but isn't as easy to solve as you may think. I've put
> it on my to-do list.
Great. But precisely, what is the problem about compiling the Ide? I
offered myself to help in some way. It is possible to include a
precompiled version of that parte of code that is not free? Or any other
way to let compiling possible?

Regards.