[fpc-announce]New entry in Free Pascal Contributed units. (WinGraph)

contribs at freepascal.org contribs at freepascal.org
Fri Aug 29 21:08:44 CEST 2003

The following entry was added to the Free Pascal contributed units:

Name         : WinGraph
Author       : Stefan Berinde
Email        : sberinde at math.ubbcluj.ro
Homepage     : http://math.ubbcluj.ro/~sberinde/wingraph/index.html
FTP site     : http://math.ubbcluj.ro/~sberinde/wingraph/wingraph.zip
Version      : 0.4
Date         : 2003-08-29
Category     : Graphics
Supported OS : Win32
Description  :
If you like BP7 graph routines style and want to do graphics under Win32, without any VCL or API call, then this unit is for you. It compiles under
Delphi and FreePascal. FreePascal distribution contains a graph unit for Win32, but several routines run quite slow. This is the main reason that I wrote WinGraph. Most of the routines were implemented using the corresponding Win32 API function. Because of this, we lost some features comparing to BP7, but we got new ones.

Advantages: good speed, small binaries, quick coding using sequential programming like in DOS, source code included.

Disadvantages: it is not intended for high performance graphics (like OpenGL or DirectX), it is not entirely BP7 compatible, the manual is just in plain text.