[fpc-pascal] How to compile Lazarus program using only FPC?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 19:11:51 CEST 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 08:30:10 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Bo Berglund wrote:
>>> If absolutely necessary I will have to set up the RPi with a monitor,
>>> keyboard and mouse and install Lazarus and compile from there. But RPi
>>> is not as powerful a computer as the PC and it will probably be very
>>> slow if at all working....
>> You /do/ appreciate that you can tunnel the X11 user interface across
>> SSH, and that most distreaux enable this by default, don't you?
>
> I have no idea what you are talking about here....

You could have done with saying that earlier when several people were
saying you could use it.

Assuming that the machine you're sitting in front of is running Linux,
try this:

*  Use SSH to log into your RPi.

*  SSH gives you access to a shell.

*  Enter the name of an application program that uses the X11 user
interface, e.g. kinfocenter.

*  That program will run on the RPi, but the user interface will be
tunneled over the SSH connection so the window will appear on your
desktop machine.

You can run Lazarus in the same way, but there's various improvements
you can make to the crude sequence I've described.

You can also install VNC or run X11 remotely, but that's not quite as
resource-effective.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk