[fpc-pascal] CThreads problem when cross-compiling to ARM/RPi.

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu May 23 14:18:21 CEST 2013

On 23 May 2013, at 14:10, Bruce Tulloch wrote:

> However, if I simply add this uses clause:
>
> uses
>  cthreads;
>
> the program compiles fine but fails when linking:
>
> Linking arm-test-threads
> /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.7.1/
> units/arm-linux/rtl/cthreads.o: In function
> `CTHREADS_$$_LOADPTHREADS$$BOOLEAN':
> cthreads.pp:(.text.n_cthreads_$$_loadpthreads$$boolean+0xc):
> warning: Using
> 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the
> shared
> libraries from the glibc version used for linking

Why/how are you trying to create a statically linked binary? As the
message above explains, statically linking libdl relies on a bunch of
library magic. At the very least you'll probably also have to link
libc explicitly, but I would really recommend to link dynamically
instead. Support for binaries statically linked against C libraries is
generally very much untested, and known not to work on certain
platforms (e.g. Linux/x86-64).

Jonas