[fpc-pascal] Error: Duplicate identifier "FarPointer"

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Thu May 16 14:46:16 CEST 2013

Same problem here but much funnier FPC message:

Makefile:2704: *** The only supported starting compiler version is
2.7.1. You are trying to build with 2.6.2. If you are absolutely sure
that the current compiler is built from the exact same
version/revision, you can try to use OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1 to
override .  Stop.

So I had to use OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1 to build my 2.7.1 with 2.6.2. IMHO that's not as intended.
But it may be a problem of the create_fpc_deb script provided by Lazarus so from my side there is no need for any actions.
Just wanted to share that funny message.

R.