[fpc-pascal] Re: ID3v2 - Reading and writing MP3 metadata

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Thu May 9 19:59:42 CEST 2013

As wikipedia explains, ID3v1 and ID3v2 are completely unrelated and have
different structure. Without seeing what your friend unit contains, it's
hard to tell whether he implements both versions correctly or not. But since
you said the version 1 works, and I don't see anything discriminating the
two version in your sample code (again, this can't be concluded without
seeing the actual unit code), I guess he only implements version 1.

Apparently, Cactus Jukebox supports ID3, both version 1 and 2.
The related unit is here:
https://lazarus-ccr.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lazarus-ccr/applications/cactusjukebox/source/tagreader/mp3file.pas
You can see how it's used here:
https://lazarus-ccr.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lazarus-ccr/applications/cactusjukebox/source/mediacol.pas