[fpc-pascal] systemh.inc(117, 16) Error: Duplicate identifier "FarPointer"h

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu May 9 11:19:46 CEST 2013

In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
> Would it be possible to query the makefile to get the required compiler
> version etc.? Something like
>
> $ make version
> This is Free Pascal version 2.7.1, release 123456.
> The only compiler version supported by the build procedure is 2.6.2.

IMHO redundant. Since the answer is always "the last official release", with
a few exceptions during a transition, that answer is easier to remember than
a makefile target.

> This wouldn't solve historical questions for somebody trying to get
> every major version on his system (e.g. "which version of FPC should I
> use to build 2.4.2") but might help in the future.

The release before 2.4.2, iow 2.4.0.

The system is simple. The warning is simply to remind people.

P.s. I added the note for overrideversioncheck too, as discussed, since it was
easy to do, and solve a few cases. But in general, I think it will drown out
in the noise. (maybe put a sleep there too? :-)